Test your local history knowledge! This 12-question quiz touches a bit on the years’ posts but mostly focuses on general subjects about Sunnyside’s history.
Continue reading “Sixth Annual Sunnyside History Holiday Quiz 2022” →
This year I have a visual quiz for Sunnysiders, so not much history knowledge is needed. If you’ve been out walking during Covid, you may have seen some of these figures, textures, objects, and symbols around Sunnyside. Guess where each detail below can be found. Continue reading “Fifth Annual Sunnyside History Holiday Quiz” →
Welcome to the second year for this quiz for Sunnyside locals or newbies–whether you remember like an old-timer, or are just willing to do a bit of digging. Continue reading “Second Annual Sunnyside History Holiday Quiz, 2018” →
Answers are now posted here.
1. What was the original name of Monterey Boulevard?
2. When did Sunnyside Elementary School get its colorful tile mural?
3. Was Big Joe’s ever owned by a man named Joe?
4. What did the Interstate 280 Freeway replace when it was built in the 1960s?
a. A creek
b. A railroad
c. Several blocks of homes
d. Open space
5. What was the former name of Friends Bar?
a. Cheers Bar
b. Hells Angels Clubhouse
c. Joker Club Tavern
d. Andy’s Place
6. When was the Balboa Reservoir used to store water?
Continue reading “First annual Sunnyside History Holiday Quiz! 2017” →