Here is this year’s local history quiz for the 2019 holidays: Continue reading “Third Annual Sunnyside History Holiday Quiz”
Welcome to the second year for this quiz for Sunnyside locals or newbies–whether you remember like an old-timer, or are just willing to do a bit of digging. Continue reading “Second Annual Sunnyside History Holiday Quiz, 2018”
1. What was the original name of Monterey Boulevard?
2. When did Sunnyside Elementary School get its colorful tile mural?
3. Was Big Joe’s ever owned by a man named Joe?
4. What did the Interstate 280 Freeway replace when it was built in the 1960s?
a. A creek
b. A railroad
c. Several blocks of homes
d. Open space
5. What was the former name of Friends Bar?
a. Cheers Bar
b. Hells Angels Clubhouse
c. Joker Club Tavern
d. Andy’s Place
6. When was the Balboa Reservoir used to store water?