Real estate development profoundly changes the land–water, plants, soil, animals, and even weather. What was the environment like here, a century or more ago? Below are posts that address some of these matters.
- A Park for Sunnyside
- Farmland to Freeway: a history of Rock Ranch
- Cows in Sunnyside?
- The Creek that Ran through Sunnyside
- A Savior on a Rocky Knoll [Dorothy Erskine Park]
- The Ballad of Ellen Furey the old dairywoman of Sunnyside
- Farms in Sunnyside?
- The History of the Balboa Reservoir
- Open space interlude (The History of the Balboa Reservoir)