A short series of house-based local history—stories touching on the perennial San Francisco themes of immigration, families, city-building, and self-making.
- A Swedish Builder Rebuilds a Family on Joost Avenue
- A Companion to Hollywood Starlets Settles Down on Baden Street
- The Italian Craftsman Who Signed His Cabinets
- Strothoff in Sunnyside, or How to Love the Utility Poles in the Street
- Bridge-Builder and Muni Man on Congo Street
- A House with Character(s): The Stolen Down-Payment, the Bigamist Builder, and Some Old Soldiers