A series of posts.
- Greyhounds, Aeroplanes, and Wheelbarrows: The History of the Balboa Reservoir 1894-1944
- WAVES, West Campus, and Waterless Basins: The History of the Balboa Reservoir 1945-1983
- Ballot Battles and Campus Claims: The History of the Balboa Reservoir 1983-1991
- Open space interlude: The History of the Balboa Reservoir
- Comparison view of the Balboa Reservoir, 1973 and Today
My sincerest thanks to Harry Bernstein for generously sharing his research on the Balboa Reservoir. Without his diligence at unearthing facts and documents, I could not possibly written these articles.
Many thanks to the others who helped me write this series of articles: Greg Gaar; David Gallagher; Andre Guillory of the Office of the Assessor-Recorder; Ken Hollenbeck; Woody LaBounty; Oanh Mai, CCSF Archivist; Natalie Mattei, Albertsons Companies; Andrew Sherman; Jesse David Wall; and other local residents and neighbors who kindly responded to my queries about their unofficial uses of the reservoir space over the decades.